Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Goose Girl - Making Friends

“Spare some change?” An extremely old-looking homeless man had approached Smells Like Cabbage.

“Quack.” The fifty-four year old goose/woman had little to say.

“Spare some change, I said”

“Quack.”

“Come again?”

“Quack.”

“You have crack!?”

“Quack.” In a louder, harsher voice this time.

“Give me the stuff you damn kite flyer!”

“QUACK! QUACK!” Squelching out for help.

The homeless man gripped Smells Like Cabbage.

“Just give me the crack ma’am.”

“Quack, quack, quack!”

The man shook the goose lady, he was growing tense and threatening.

“QUACK!”

Then, a pudgy thirty-odd man wearing a tattered yellow bed sheet bounded down the sidewalk towards them.

“What’s going on here? Shall I serve justice?”

“Quack?” Probably meaning something along the lines of “what the hell?”

“No, I was just threatening her to give me crack.”

“Quack, quack.” While nodding her head in agreement.

“What is this my virgin ears are hearing? I’m astonished Conrad!”

“My name’s Ralph actually. Spare some change?”

“Got crack?”

“Quack.”

“No, I thought this person did, but it turns out I was wrong. It saddens me, really.”

“Anyway, will you two help me fight justice?” He put his fist out.

“I’m in!” The homeless man put his hand on top.

The tension rose, as the eyes fell on the goose lady, will she join them and fight crime or will she say no and obscure justice??????? You’ll find out right after this commercial break.

Buy Beans from Bernie! Your local bean provider! Who beats his beans? Soooooooooooooooooooooomebody! Children should remember there’s always somebody out there better than you, all that matters is that you gave it your best, not whether you won.

Back to the program.

“Quack.” Smells Like Cabbage placed her hand on top of the homeless man’s hand.

Yay!

“Let’s go! I hear there’s a terrible wizard of Oz on 842 Lakewood Avenue. But we need our superhero names, I’m Thunderbolt, and you’re my sidekicks.”

“I’ll be Bill Gates – it raises my self-esteem.”

“And you?” This question directed at Smells Like Cabbage.

“Quack.”

“Easy enough, she can be Goose Girl. Let’s go Bill Gates and Goose Girl. Theme song time.”

“No, that’s gay.”

“Quack.” Nodding her head.

“Okay,” Thunderbolt was disappointed. “ Can we at least jump from roof top to rooftop?”

No comments: