Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Goose Girl - My Version of a Cliffhanger

*

The three had just arrived on the rooftop of the dentist’s office, Smells Like Cabbage was enjoying the smell so much that she didn’t realize the stairs she was climbing were leading to an enormous height. As Goose Girl arrived on the rooftop she had a flashback to her bridge experience. Whoooosh, a flashback, spooky, it’s like dé ja vu, but it isn’t
“Quack.”
Thinking that was an excited “quack,” Thunderbolt said, “Okay, You first Goose Girl, jump to that office building.”
“Quack!”
“Okay now, take a running start.”
“Quack! Quack!” Smells Like Cabbage started for the stairs.
“What’s wrong Goose Girl?”
“The faster you jump, the faster I get crack!”
“Jump!”
Smells Like Cabbage shook her head and continued for the door, Thunderbolt pulled a walkie-talkie from his pocket.
“I’m calling the wizard of oz.”
In a terrified whisper; “But you said he was bad!”
“Not in real life, this is just pretending, girls play house, but big boys play superhero."
“Hello?” It came from the walkie-talkie. Smells Like Cabbage watched in silence.
“Wizard, it’s a code yellow, can you pick me up at Oxford Dentist Office? I’m with two sidekicks, their names are Goose Girl and Bill Gates.”
“Sure, I’ll be there right away Leslie.”
The messed up thirty-year-old whined; “Mooooooooooom! You gave away my secret identity!”
“Sorry Thunderbolt, but you didn’t have to give away my secret identity as well.”
“It’s fair this way.” In a dark and creepy voice.

*

“We’re here.” Thunderbolt’s mother sang out as the four walked into 842 Lakewood Avenue.
“Let’s go to my computer room!” Leslie said as they made their way into a room filled with wires and monitors.
“He truly is a loser, but I still love him, because he’s my little Thunderbolt, yes you are, yes you are. He actually got his name from me because when he was going through his Harry Potter phase he would always use my makeup to make a thunderbolt scar on his forehead.” Thunderbolt’s mother said.
“Mooooooooooooom. You’re embarrassing me!” Thunderbolt was whiny once again, “and anyway, I was really little when I did that.”
“It was last week.” The strange mother chuckled.
“Anyways, the webcam’s on now, wanna do a big super hero fight still?”
“Son, that’s a little bit, um, well, gay.”
“Definitely gay.” The homeless guy chirped up.
“Quack.”
“Okay.” He lowered his head in sadness.
“But I can introduce all of us for your webcam if you’d like.” Thunderbolt’s mother just wanted to make her slightly retarded son happy.
“This is Bill Gates. I’m The Terrible Wizard of Oz, this is Thunderbolt, and this is Goose Girl.”
Once Thunderbolt’s mother said the words Goose Girl, the door was broken down, a man in a suit walked in looking casual and business-like, despite the fact that he just broke down a door.
“What’s wrong mister?” Thunderbolt’s mother was definitely scared.
“I just want to fight justice! Is that too much to ask?!” Thunderbolt yelled through tears.
“And I want crack!” The homeless man said happily.
“Quack.”
“Screw you guys, I just want Goose Girl.”
"Why? Are you an evil villain?” Thunderbolt was standing up now and very eager.
The man In the suit, started to chuckle, then his face became tense and he grabbed Goose Girl and ran out of the house.

No comments: